Selection Process and Criteria
TCG’s core values of Artistry, Diversity, Activism, and Global Citizenship inform its programs and services for the not-for-profit theatre field. TCG believes in the equitable disbursement of grants throughout its programs to nurture and support an interdependent, inclusive, and sustainable theatre field.
Applications will be evaluated by an independent national selection panel of experienced theatre professionals with a background in international exchange. Panelists will review eligible proposals and select recipients based on the information provided in your application by using the following selection criteria:
- Depth of the collaboration and quality of the artistic expression the theatres/artists involved are pursuing as illustrated by:
- Collaborations that are substantive in form and content;
- A history of well-executed and well-produced theatrical work, demonstrating control of production values and technique;
- Application narratives that are self-reflective/critical and demonstrate internal development and willingness to take risks, as appropriate;
- Application narratives that reflect awareness of the history and contemporary practice of the field and its relationship to both.
- Evidence of commitment and ability to use the grant funds effectively to develop the proposed activity, as illustrated by:
- Theatre training and professional experience of participating artists and collaborators (formal or informal);
- Interest and/or experience in international work or cross-cultural exchange by the applicant;
- Clearly articulated plan to implement the proposed travel or project;
- Appropriateness of the budget, timeframe and capacity to implement the proposed activity;
- Proven fiscal responsibility as illustrated by submitted materials.
- If applicable, applicants must demonstrate the ability to raise additional funds for projects whose budgets exceed the maximum allowable grant request amount.
- Potential to significantly impact and advance the applicant collaborator(s), and the larger filed.