Fox Foundation Resident Actor Fellowships
How to Apply:
Step 1: Download the Round 8 Guidelines.
Step 2: Complete the Round 8 Online Registration by April 30, 2013 (11:59PM ET).
Step 3: Download and complete the Round 8 Application.
Step 4: Mail your Application Package to TCG by (postmark deadline) April 30, 2013.
A general note about our applications: You will need Acrobat Reader 4.0 or higher to use these forms online. This free program will not allow you to save your work. We recommend using a word processing program while you work on the application, and then electronically copying your work to the form. If you prefer, Adobe sells another program that will allow you to save your work. Visit their website for more information at www.adobe.com.
- Must not work exclusively in other disciplines (e.g. film, television).
- Must not be a full-time student at a university or conservatory training program at the commencement of the fellowship period (October 1, 2013).
- Must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States at the time of the application postmark deadline.
- Previous recipients of the Fox Foundation Resident Actor Fellowships are not eligible to apply.
- For Extraordinary Potential applications: Must have performed in at least three, fully staged professional productions. Productions are considered professional if all artists are compensated at least a minimal amount for their work. Productions at educational institutions or community theatres do not meet this requirement. It is not necessary for the production to have operated on a union contract.
- All actors will self-identify the category (Extraordinary Potential or Distinguished Achievement) in which they will apply. Consult the guidelines for more information.
- Companies will be TCG member theatres current on dues payments.
- Theatres may submit only one proposal per round.
- Theatres may not host two Fox supported residencies concurrently. Previous host theatres who are re-applying must complete residency activities no later than September 30, 2013.
Applications are developed by the actor and the host theatre company and submitted by the actor, who is the application contact. Theatres may support only one actor in each round, regardless of category. Multiple proposals will not be considered.
A national independent advisory panel consisting of artistic directors, freelance directors and actors will evaluate the applications and submit their recommendations to the Fox Foundation. The Fox Foundation will determine the final list of recipients.
For more information, contact Jessica Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 609-5900 ext. 214.