New Generations Program
Objective #3: Future Collaborations
Guidelines and Appplications
The application process is now closed. Please check back in early October, 2010 for additional information.
How To Apply:
Step 1: Download the Guidelines.
Step 2: Register online (no later than February 22, 2010!)
Step 3: Download and complete the Application PDF.
Step 4: Print, sign and postmark the Application (no later than February 22, 2010!)
For requirements and details about each objective, please download
the grant guidelines. All applicants must meet the following requirements:
Applicant theatre companies must meet the following requirements:
- 501(c)(3) status
- Location within the US or its territories
- Professional orientation and high artistic standards
- Full-time salaried employment of professional artists and administrators
- Minimum of three years prior existence as a non-profit professional theatre organization
- Consortiums and educational institutions are not eligible to apply
Applicant theatre professionals must meet the following requirements:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
- Have a minimum of five years experience working in the professional not-for-profit theatre field
- Wish to initiate, continue and/or deepen relationship(s) with theatre professionals and/or theatre companies outside of the U.S.
The New Generations Program is primarily designed to serve producing theatre organizations and not other organizations whose primary mission is audience development, advocacy, or other service-related goals. However, in the Future Leaders objective, the panel will consider applications from non-producing organizations who are actively engaged in the development of new theatrical work and new artists.
Applicant theatres and individual theatre professionals complete the online registration form then submit an Application Form, including a two-page narrative description of the project and other selected information. A panel, composed of independent national theatre professionals, reviews the applications and selects recipients. Visit the deadlines page to view notification dates.