2015 Audience (R)Evolution Convening
Audience (R)Evolution is a multi-year program designed by TCG and funded by the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation to study, promote and support successful audience engagement and community development models across the country. This initiative, now moving into its second round of activity, encompasses four phases: research and assessment; convenings; grantmaking; and widespread dissemination of audience engagement models that work.
From March 25 - 27, 2015
, TCG will convene approximately 200 theatre, arts and cultural professionals at the Kauffman Foundation Conference Center
and other performing arts venues in Kansas City, Missouri. The 2013 Audience (R)Evolution Learning Convening in Philadelphia was TCG's first step in truly defining the full spectrum of audience engagement and community development, and sharing working models from our field and beyond. The 2015 Convening will provide even broader peer learnings and opportunities for the exchange of ideas and lessons learned, serving as a vehicle for theatre-makers to identify and connect with partners at other organizations with whom they might develop new strategies and models for audience engagement.
Building on the success of the first Convening, attendees will be given the opportunity to:
• learn from practitioners with track records of successful audience engagement;
• discuss findings from TCG's ongoing assessments and research of the field, as well as findings from cross-disciplinary sources;
• explore current audience engagement and community development models in the field;
• hear from dynamic speakers and connect with peers to share successful strategies;
• identify fellow cohorts that share similar needs, objectives or interests and are looking to develop strategies and models for audience engagement that address those needs at a deeper level.
The work done at this Convening will inform the Audience (R)Evolution grant program as well as programming at TCG's 2015 National Conference in Cleveland
The application and registration process to attend TCG's 2015 Audience (R)Evolution Convening has closed. Click here for more information about the application process. If you have been invited to attend the Convening, and have questions about your invitation or registration, please email us at AudienceRev@tcg.org.
Questions about the Audience (R)Evolution program? See our FAQ page
or contact AudienceRev@tcg.org