Eligible applicants must submit their applications through the TCG's Online Application Portal no later than the listed deadlines. Round 4 Cycle A recipients may apply in Round 4 Cycle B only if their activities and reporting are completed by March 11, 2015, NOON EST.
Organizations must meet the following requirements:
- 501(c)3 status (Fiscal sponsors are not allowed);
- History of developing and/or producing its own theatre work over the last three years;
- Location within the United States or its territories (ON the STAGE applicants must be based and producing theatre in NY, NJ or CT);
- Employment of at least one full-time salaried staff person at the time of application;
- All artists within the organization must be compensated a fair amount for their work, but it is not necessary for the theatre to use an Equity contract.
Individual Theatre Professionals must meet the following requirements:
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident status;
- Have a minimum of five years experience working in the not-for-profit theatre field with a history of developing theatre works within the last year;
- Capacity to implement the proposed activity as illustrated by previous projects of similar size, scope and structure.
|Additional Program Specific eligibility requirements:|
|On the Road||In the Lab||On the Stage|
Selection Process and Criteria
Applications will be evaluated by an independent national selection panel of experienced theatre professionals with a background in international exchange. Panelists will review eligible proposals and select recipients based on the information provided in your application by using the following selection criteria:
- Accomplishments and artistic excellence of the theatres/artists involved, as illustrated in the artist organization statement and narrative by discussing how the work:
- Is inventive, imaginative and substantive in form and content;
- Is well-executed and well-produced, demonstrating control of production values and technique;
- Is self reflective/critical and demonstrates internal development and willingness to take risks,as appropriate;
- Reflects awareness of the history and contemporary practice of the field and its relationship to both;